Mindful Contraceptive September Class Series
29/09/2020 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm CAT| R1550
For so many years, we were not taught that our body gives us signs when we are fertile, just like the signs our body gives us when it is hungry. We were taught all kinds of myths around our fertility like we can get pregnant at any given time, our menstrual cycle is 28 days and many more other myths and taboos which, at the end of the day, have made us afraid of our fertility and created the perfect environment for us to want to shut it down altogether rather than to work with it.
In fact, our menstrual cycle is the 5th vital sign. What does this mean? It means that while all people have 4 vital signs which are indicators of health such as blood pressure, pulse, heart rate and respiratory rate, females have a fifth one which is the menstrual cycle. By tracking our cycles, we can learn about our overall health and be more empowered and knowledgeable about ourselves and the best ways to heal ourselves.
Each cycle, our body gives us 3 fertility signs and by learning to identify, track and chart them, we can know when we are fertile during the cycle and act according to our goals. Our goals can change during our reproductive years and we can utilise this method according to our needs.
In this course, we will debunk many myths and we will learn how our body actually works.
Topics we will discuss:
- The efficiency rate of the Fertility Awareness Method.
- Male and female anatomy.
- The ecosystem of our hormones.
- Cycle variations.
- What are the 3 fertility signs and how do we track and chart them.
- Fertility Awareness as an effective contraception – the rules.
- Fertility Awareness for conception and how to optimise your chances to get pregnant.
- What you can learn from your hormones about your health.
- Different life passages that Fertility Awareness can help with.
- Cycle awareness or looking at our cycle as a self-care practice.
- Sex ed, not what you were told, and much more.
This course is a group course which I like to keep small and intimate. It has 4 weekly classes starting on the 29th of Sept and 6th, 13th and 15th of Oct at 7 pm.
You also get a basal body thermometer and charts which are all you need to start and practice. This is only valid for people in South Africa.
After 3-4 cycles, we will have a private consultation to review your charts.
Price R1550 (+R100 for courier) or $105.